Question - where to report usability problems with rawhide-xo ?

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:05:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:

> What I'm seeing are __usability__ problems. Where (and
> how) should I report lack of audio/video output on an XO?

* Bugs are the best way for users tell developers about problems.

* "Release notes" / "Known issues" are the best way for people tell
users about problems.

* E-mail /chat are good ways to communicate beforehand.

I'd love to have comprehensive "Disregard this area, it doesn't work"
notes for bleeding-edge releases, but developers are busy so I've
tried to make them myself.
I've jumped on irc://irc.freenode.net/#fedora-olpc , asked about a
basic issue, got confirmation from someone like the helpful cjb that
it's a bug, and updated
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rawhide-XO#Known_issues , and filed a couple
of bugs. I think it's a good approach that you or anyone can
participate in.  Maybe you could summarize your _amazing_ "Quick run
through of Activities".

> The
> existing OLPC tickets I've found on bugzilla.redhat are mostly about
> __build__ problems.

As that page notes, the product "Fedora OLPC"  in redhat bugzilla is
obsolete.  The tracker bug 461806 is helpful, but it's missing lots of
known issues like sound.

Cheers,
--
=S Page  (just an XO owner)