Help with Boot Helpers?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Mar 30 17:47:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2009, at 18:26, Caroline Meeks wrote:
>
>  Last week Mel and I went to two schools in Boston to see how Sugar on a
>> Stick would fare in the wild.
>>
>> Notes are here:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/GPA
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Shaw_Elementary_School
>>

>> The short summary is we think a wider range of "Boot Helpers" would be
>> very helpful.
>>
>> One thing that we specifically need help with is getting the boot-helper
>> CD updated from F9.9 to F11.
>>
>> Marco made the F9.9 version a few months ago:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
>>
>> Its under Gary's name, it was lost and Gary found it and uploaded it, but
>> Marco did the original work.
>>

> And we recently decided to loose it again, as neither Simon or myself could
> get it to work (at least on the kit we could test with – did you have any
> luck at all with it?). It's still in my public directory if needed, but not
> on the wiki anymore:
>
>        http://people.sugarlabs.org/garycmartin/boot.iso

Yes it worked for me!  I just need a version with the most up to date
drivers as I'm hoping (based on some googling) that they will help some of
the issues we saw in our latest tests on the school computer labs.

Specifically I was definitely able to boot the Gardner school computer lab
computers with the CD and they did not boot without the CD.

Thanks,
Caroline