fedora-xo 20090510 does not start X server

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:15:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

>   > I'm curious about how you managed to get that far -- on an XO
>   > here, the 20090510.img prints "mount: unknown filesystem type
>   > 'jffs2'" and doesn't progress further.  Does it not do the same
>   > for you?
>
> Oh, I see, it's some kind of race; a subsequent boot worked okay.
>
> I think there are several bugs here:
>
> * We get "mount: unknown filesystem type 'jffs2'" sporadically when
>  booting, even though jffs2.ko is obviously in the initrd (since
>  other boot attempts succeed).  I'm not sure which BZ component to
>  file initrd bugs against.

I would probably file one against either the kernel or mkinitrd. The
kernel guys are generally pretty quick to respond and reallocate it as
appropriate. The other thing to do is put the bug as a blocker to
"F11Blocker" as all of these are regressions from the last week or so
and IMO are definitely a blocker.

Peter