Daily builds are no longer livecd images

Kevin Sonney kevin at sonney.com
Wed May 27 18:41:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> Just tried testing 20090525 on an XO-1 as a clean install (OF copy-nand of
> .img with .crc) but couldn't get the XO to boot afterwards. Tried multiple
> reboots but it always stopped pretty soon in the console at "creating
> devices". On closer inspection, a handful of lines up, is the error "mount:
> unknown filesystem type 'jffs2' which seems pretty fatal ;-)

I had it boot from the NAND exactly once, and have been seeing the
same thing on all subsequent boots. However, before that, it was
looking pretty good.

What I'm seeing on screen after USB initializes :

udev: starting version 141
input: OLPC HGPK ALPS HGPK as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input2
JFFS2 version 2.2 (NAND) (SUMMARY)  2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xdc (Hynix NAND 512MiB 3,3V 8-bit)
2 NAND chips detected
cmdlinepart partition processing not available
RedBoot partition parsing not available
sdhci-pci 0000:00:0c.1: SDHCI controller found [11ab:4101] (rev 10)
sdhci-pci 0000:00:0c.1 enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
sdhci-pci 0000:00:0c.1: Invalid iomem size. You may experience problems.
Registered led device mmc0::
mmc0: SDHCI COntroller on PCI [0000:00:0c.1] using DMA
mount: unknown filesystem type 'jffs2'
kernel commandline: root=mtd0 rootfstype=jffs2 console=tty0
console=ttyS0,115200 fbcon=font:SUN12x22
init=/sbin/init
root=mtd0
rootflags=
rootfstype=jffs2
root_ro=0
root_rw=0
starting udev
creating devices

And at this point, it hangs until I power it off.

-- Kevin Sonney
-- kevin at sonney.com

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert
integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the
play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the
ordinary. " - Cecil Beaton

I check email a couple times daily; to reach me sooner, click here:
http://awayfind.com/ksonney