Daily builds are no longer livecd images

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed May 27 19:29:14 UTC 2009

One of the posts to this topic said:
> Before, *every* time you booted the XO with Rawhide-XO, there was a
> number of scripts initiated, for example to create the liveuser or to
> check for changed hardware. This is of course nonsense, as the XO's
> hardware won't change.

In my case, the XO hardware does change from boot to boot.

I plug (or unplug) various "external" devices (hard disks or other
storage devices, USB hubs, ethernet adapters, keyboards, etc. (even
multiple SD cards)) as I need them.  Also, sometimes the boot-up
process stalls on me -- my experience has been that changing the
external device configuration of the XO is sometimes enough to alter
the "internal timings" of the boot-up process sufficiently to get
past some instances of stalling.

mikus