Daily builds are no longer livecd images

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu May 28 02:41:12 UTC 2009

> > I did the zcat 20090525.bootable.gz > /dev/sdf1 (USB stick).
> > That USB stick failed to boot on the XO.
>
> I think that's because you should have used /dev/sdf, not /dev/sdf1.
> Using /dev/sdf1 fails to copy over the correct partition table to
> the start of the disk.

Thank you.  That was the mistake I had made.

Now, booting from USB stick created from zcat 20090525.bootable.gz
consistently stalls on me subsequent to showing the message " mount:
unknown filesystem type 'jffs2' " and the message " Bug in initramfs
/init detected.  Dropping to a shell.  Good luck! ".  [I repeated
the power-on boot more than 10 times, and it stalled each time.]

[In contrast, when the booting XO from nand (created by 'copy-nand'
from 20090525.img) sequence stalls (typically subsequent to that "
unknown filesytem type 'jffs2' " message having been shown), I often
manage to get past that point by persistently re-trying the power-on
boot sequence over and over - if I'm lucky, I eventually get no
error message and no stall.]

Thanks,  mikus