Daily builds are no longer livecd images

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun May 31 23:47:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > Can I just mount the img and try to do that (what about the
   > crc?), or should I generate an image from scratch?

Hm, it would be easier if you could get it to boot once -- then you
could just unpack/repack the initrd while booted.

If you have to make a new image, the following (from livecd-iso-to-xo)
will get you a new CRC:

   mkfs.jffs2 -n -e128KiB -r $ROOT -o newjffs.img.tmp
   sumtool -n -p -e 128KiB -i newjffs.img.tmp -o newjffs.img
   crcimg newjffs.img

(in Fedora, sumtool is in "mtd-utils" and crcimg is in "crcimg".)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>