soasXO builds for USB?

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 21:04:23 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 11/2/09, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:

> From: Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>
> Subject: Re: soasXO builds for USB?
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 2:32 PM
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 06:16:02AM
> -0800, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> > --- On Mon, 11/2/09, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>
> wrote:
> > So to get up to here I have the following
> olpc.fth/fstab
>
> So do you need _just_ the initrd definition or also the
> modified
> "root=/dev/sda1" to get soas04xo to boot?

Not really. Just defining the variable works fine, eg
" ro root=LABEL=OLPCRoot console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 fbcon=font:SUN12x22 rootwait selinux=0" to boot-file
However, the keyboad/mouse/HAL problem remains.
It must be an independent problem/missing kernel mapper because if I also have in an SDcard with the same label that has Ubuntu, with this olpc.fth goes all the way to the Ubuntu gdm screen and then again no keyboad/mouse input

> If it's just the initrd definition, perhaps there's
> something wrong
> with the initrd selection in soas04xo's
> /boot/olpc.fth...can you try
> commenting out the line:
>
>    " root=mtd0" " \${DN}" expand$ sindex -1
> <> if
>
> with a backslash at the beginning, please?

This just fails boot totally. Never gets to load initrd. OFW complains that there is a problem in line 40 (the last)
I also corrected the intention of the inirtd.img line. No difference.

> > Is HAL failure related to any of these or is a
> different issue?
>
> The HAL failure is not obviously related.

Not to the olpc.fth, but to the no keyboard/mouse issue. Actually if this is solved then the modified olpc.fth should be OK.

Do you get
> it if you
> copy-nand soas05xo.img?

soas05xo ???