New F11 for XO-1.5 build 48

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Nov 30 18:21:10 UTC 2009

Hi Christoph,

   > As mentioned on the other thread waking up on keyboard and
   > touchpad input now seems to work just fine.  However now pressing
   > the power button only seems to turn off the screen without
   > actually going into suspend because after about 5 seconds the
   > screen comes on again and the power LED stays on all the time.

When I did this, I saw a barely perceptible blink on the power LED;
we do go down, it's just for almost no time at all.  The bug on B2s
is that a wakeup is generated the instant we hit suspend.  (You can
confirm that it is actually suspending with dmesg.)

   > Another observation is that the dimming of the screen kicks in
   > after about 20sec of inactivity but it takes another 5sec before
   > suspend really happens. I for one find these timings slightly
   > confusing and don't really see any advantages of having two
   > seperate intervals for those two operations. (But maybe I'm
   > missing something here...)

Maybe I can get them a bit closer together.  There are a set of things
we want to do when we think we're about to suspend, though, and that's
what the two stages are for.  It also serves as a warning to the user,
I suppose -- "if you don't want to suspend, move the mouse now".

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>