Know anything about smolt?

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Oct 1 20:40:18 UTC 2009

Know anything about smolt?  We could use some help / advice on how
best to use it.

My SoaS spins, like Sebastian's more recent ones, have smolt installed
and send a smolt report every time a network interface comes up with a
valid default route.

I spent a few minutes toying with the small NetworkManager dispatcher
script[1] that implements this and then forgot about it.

Anyone care to do better (wouldn't take much) script-wise /
approach-wise?  Anyone know how these things work and can see if any
data have been collected (I'm sure a few XOs of mine have submitted
reports)?

Thanks,
Martin

1. http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline/tree/soas-sugar.ks#n103
Looks like I didn't get around to committing that "only try to send if
there's a default route" part yet.