camera fail

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 06:53:44 UTC 2009

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:30 PM,
> Yioryos Asprobounitis
> <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I know this is not a question for this list but since
> most of the people have something to do with XO-1 are here,
> I will.
> >
> > In an XO-1 self set I get:
> > camera pc at 2
> > self test failed return code=-1
>
> Search our mightly wiki.laptop.org . There is a procedure
> to tighten
> the cable, which sometimes gets loose. Has fixed every
> "bad" camera
> I've seen or heard of.

Thank you Martin.
I have seen your comment in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_AV#Images_from_the_camera_are_black
but couldn't find any further instructions. From what I explored I must also remove the motherboard (I have a CL1 ver 3 machine). Correct?

> Did you ever have the camera working on the machine?  If an image
> doesn't come up in the openfirmware test, it sounds like you're pretty
> hosed (and I don't see how installing Ubuntu could affect this).

Bobby a clarification, Ubuntu has nothing to do with the problem (runs for a year now on the XO) or the initrd unpacking (was a Puppy-linux initrd). Was just to point out that at the time I was not running Fedora/Sugar and the NAND was not even mounted (to be affected in the consecutive boot failure)