camera fail

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 16:28:51 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 10/13/09, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: camera fail
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Bobby Powers" <bobbypowers at gmail.com>, fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 3:43 AM
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM,
> Yioryos Asprobounitis
> <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_AV#Images_from_the_camera_are_black
> > but couldn't find any further instructions. From what
> I explored I must also remove the motherboard (I have a CL1
> ver 3 machine). Correct?
>
> No need to remove the mobo. Follow the instructions on that
> page,
> first paragraph right after the "Errors communicating with
> the camera"
> title.

It looks to me that the camera is the most non-accessible thing in the XO (at least with the MoBo in) fit in a plastic slot under the USB port.
Indeed you can see a _very tight_ ribbon coming out when you remove the speaker, which I gingerly jingled a little bit and now the camera shows nice wide ribbons all across but is "OK" at the self test!
I guess when the F11/osX is ready (or my son starts screaming :) I'll try some more jingling, unless there is some more wisdom you or someone else, has to offer.
Thanks