New F11 for XO-1.5 build 32

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Oct 22 01:20:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 07:57:13PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 05:13 -0400, John Watlington wrote: [?]
> > The expected usage model for an XO is that if there is a bootable
> > image on the external SD card or USB, it will be booted.   If you
> > want to boot from the internal SD card, either remove the external SD
> > card or the bootable image installed on it.
> >
> > I don't think we want to change this model.
> >
> > This is currently broken, due to the way that the kernel names
> > devices.   I believe that the proposed solution was to use udev
> > in the initramfs image to provide stable names.
>
> Think the key here is to use something like set-bootpath-dev in livecd's
> olpc.fth to auto detect where the olpc.fth was picked up (booted?) from.
> This is reflected in /ofw/chosen/bootpath, can some one short-cut me to
> the source in ofw?

Not *quite* sure what you are after, but bootpath is in
ofw/core/bootparm.fth

d# 1024 buffer: path-buf
headers
' path-buf  " bootpath" chosen-string
headerless
d# 1024 buffer: args-buf
headers
' args-buf  " bootargs" chosen-string

And it relates to load-path which is used in
cpu/x86/pc/olpc/security.fth and
cpu/x86/pc/linux.fth

(svn 1424)

--