XO Special interest group at Sugar Labs

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 16:33:01 UTC 2009

Now, that's an excellent idea!
However, the crucial thing before any extensive building/testing starts is to address some major issues that would stop most people from using/testing F11/Sugar.84+. Namely the Xorg geode video driver, the camera and the battery monitor. These will primarily need developers.
Having these components in place then a daily build bug fixing/reporting system would be more valuable since more people may be willing to give it a try, identifying the "minor" issues that may eventually allow a deployment-quality release.
If this is going to be an OLPC, Fedora or SL project, I think is irrelevant. XO-1 is an EOL machine that runs an OS/UI developed by "some other" organization. Is literally orphan (besides these limited efforts) so any "adopter" should be welcome. Whoever sets it up should be good to go. With almost a million users is the biggest educational linux/sugar implementation and worths every attention.