XO Special interest group at Sugar Labs

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 28 21:06:03 UTC 2009

> As the current maintainer of the "F11 for the XO-1" releases,  I would be
> interested in hearing more about the XO SIG and how the work I am doing can
> benefit the SIG and how the SIG can benefit the work I am doing.  Especially in
> regards to testing.
>
> The original goal of the project was to keep up with the work being done for
> the XO-1.5.  It is important that the 2 releases stay in sync to present a
> consistent experience to the users.  To that end I try and do frequent
> releases, and in fact one is due out this week.
>
> I am open to anything that will help both OLPC and Sugar in the hands of more
> users.
>
> Feel free to contact me off or on list.
>
> Steven

Thanks Steven,

It has taken me a while to pull this together.

Based on feedback from you and others, it looks like the best way a
Sugar Labs SIG/Project can help the ecosystem is to work with you to
create frequent 'upstream' releases for the XO and then gather high
quality feedback by engaging testers.

Would you be willing to lead me through the process of creating builds
so that I can document your procedures in order to make it easier for
other to become involved?

So far we have buy in from the olpc contributors program in the form
of developer machines.

david