New SoaS [XO-1] build soas70

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 07:01:01 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:

> From: Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>
> Subject: Re: New SoaS [XO-1] build soas70
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 7:05 PM
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 09:06:31PM
> +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 07:49:44PM +0100, Martin
> Dengler wrote:
> generates the "removable" builds
> kernel panic and inability to find the boot device.
> >
> > It's only a little odd for me to put an olpc.fth on
> the "non-XO"
> > installs, and only a small increment in the already
> ridiculous disk
> > space usage to make both XO and non-XO .removable
> images.
>
> This is done, and soas71xo* is being synced to
> people.sugarlabs.org
> now.

soas71xo.2gremovable:
olpcrd.img symlink is missing from the /boot folder resulting in kernel panic
Addition of the symlink allows booting to proceed but dracut complains about sysninx not being "0" and quits while booting continues to SCSI read-through and stops there with no USB read/write activity (left it ~10 min)
I  guess the init script is still coming from wild-type SoaS?
More latter when I'll have the chance (unless soas72xo appears :-)