[Fedora-packaging] Can you review my specfile: rsnapshot.spec

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 12:18:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:06:43 +0100 (BST), Gavin Henry wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Not sure if I should e-mail the Extras list or this, so here goes:

Specific review requests should be posted to fedora-extras-list.

> Anything stupid that I have missed?
>
> I have imported the srpm to Extras devel.

CVS commits are posted to fedora-extras-commits list automatically:

I've posted a comment there (but included you in Cc in case you
didn't know about the list before).

As I won't find time to take a deep look, another comment here.
The overly verbose

  %verify(user group mode md5 size mtime)

in the %files section should be deleted alltogether unless you
have a good reason why to add them.

> %prep
> rm -rf %{buildroot}

The rm -rf %buildroot is not needed here.

"install" with option "-p" would be nice, because it preserves timestamps
on installed files and enables users to see the age of static files easily.