[Fedora-packaging] Re: DKMS into Fedora Extras

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Feb 22 16:02:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 05:25:15PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Mm, you *could* do that by doing a "manual" update of erasing the specific
> older version of the package and installing the new, instead of using
> rpm's normal update procedure. Actually this has been brought up before on
> the subject of kernel-module packages, on freshrpms-list IIRC. I wasn't
> excited about doing such a "manual" update from apt for this special case
> then and I'm not now either :)

I'd rather see a special case of an erase/install manual update,
rather than a special case of parsing package name tags, splitting off
the kernel version, and matching that to installed kernel versions.