[Fedora-packaging] Re: DKMS into Fedora Extras

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 16:31:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 17:17 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>Also I'm wondering how we should deal with kernel-modules in extras in
>general. davej/Core refuses everything that is not upstream for a good
>reason. If we put everything in extras it looks a bit "odd" IMHO.

Well, we could just push every kernel module addon package away, on the
grounds that its not upstream, but that almost feels like passing the
buck.

I could set policy as "if its licensed compatible with the kernel, it
should go upstream, and if not, it goes to Livna." Then I'd be passing
the problem to Thorsten.

openafs and unionfs are two cases that are valid today for FE, that
people seem interested in.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!