[Fedora-packaging] disttag

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Feb 26 15:26:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 10:43 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 18:02 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Tom 'spot' Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
>> > If our buildroots don't have it, then thats a serious failure (its in
>> > System Environment/Base).
>>
>> Well, you'd still want it to get pulled in via a dep somehow. Right
>> now that would be via initscripts, which may or may not be in
>> the build dependency chain.
>
>Where are you planning to put these disttag macros anyway?  Just
>document them, or include in some package, eg. redhat-rpm-config?  Such
>a package could carry the necessary dependencies, if any.

They probably should go in a package, like redhat-rpm-config. Elliot,
that's your package, would you be interested in adding these disttag
macros into redhat-rpm-config's macros file for FC4?

If so, I'll whip up a patch for you.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!