[Fedora-packaging] Updated kernel-module-packaging example with ndiswrapper (Was: example kernel-module package)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jul 6 07:00:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 16:12 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 23:47 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >
> > There are variables like build host, build time, file timestamps, file
> > modes, --define's passed to the srpm build, possibly other buildsys
> > configuration variations etc.  All of which are sort of cosmetic, but
> > nevertheless result in a different source rpm.
>
> I'm really not worried about cosmetic changes. None of these things
> should affect the binary packages generated from that src.rpm.

--defines end up in various dependencies of the source rpm, which does
not matter as long as one doesn't use its dependencies for anything, but
the specfile's instead.  (This is not limited to these packages.)

The original question remains though; what to do with the srpms?
Discard or overwrite the ones already in the repo?  My +1 to the former,
or more generally: never overwrite any package in the repository.