[Fedora-packaging] Re: Using %{dist} for conditional compilation

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 18:52:58 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:47 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Friday, July 15, 2005 3:28 PM -0700 "Michael A. Peters"
> <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > different spec files in the different branches seems best to me.
>
> OTOH, if your objective is to create a tarball that can also be built as an
> RPM, then you want a single spec file so that -ta is unambiguous.

The dist tag guidelines are setup specifically so that you can either
use them, or not use them.

If you don't like the idea of using them in your packages, by all means,
do not. It will NOT fail a review if you don't use them.

However, if you want to use them, all you have to do is use them
properly.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!