[Fedora-packaging] Using %{dist} for conditional compilation

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:53:57 UTC 2005

On 7/20/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Yes, the Fedora Extras buildsystem defines this macro.  You expected
> otherwise?

actually.. i sort of do. I'd very much expect my workstation running
fc4 to have access to a package with the fedora specific macro
definitions set to values the fedora-whatever build system uses for
building packages for fc4.  I dont expect my fc4 workstation to build
things for fc3 or the development tree without some define love. But i
would expect there to be a package that provided the fedora specific
fc4 rpm macros as well as providing those macros when using a mock
managed local build environment. mock is great and all.. but we can't
demand it be used for local test building.

-jef