[Fedora-packaging] tetex packaging question

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jun 26 10:00:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:56:27 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 22:10 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>

> > Thirdly - the package in the Makefile wants to put its .cfg files
> > in /usr/local/share/latex2rtf
> > I'm instead putting them in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latex2rtf
>
> OK - that's clearly wrong, it causes latex to complain - so /usr/share
> is better.
> Interestingly - latex2rtf segfaults if gnuplot is involved (unless you
> just include the image) - so my interest in latex2rtf just decreased ...

".cfg files"? Putting configuration files below /usr/share looks
like a strange decision. If these are really configuration files which
may be modified, they should go into some /etc directory rather than
into a tree which may be mounted read-only and/or from the network.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1383_FC5