[Fedora-packaging] Kernel modules (was: Re: tpctl in extras missing dependancy for kernel-module-thinkpad)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 13:48:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 08:38 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> Shouldn't be a problem. We'll just pretend we're anaconda and --nodeps
> the remove, knowing that the install is coming right afterward.

In fact, its not even a problem.

skvidal> it's a simultaneous transaction
skvidal> if bar (installed) requires foo
skvidal> and you're removing baz (provides foo)
skvidal> and installing quux(provides foo)
skvidal> and it is all in one transaction then there are no broken dependencies
spot> ok. :) then its a non issue.
skvidal> there's no need for --nodeps
skvidal> right but I feel it is a necessity to smack any discussion of --nodeps at all times :)

Consider me duly smacked.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!