[Fedora-packaging] example kernel-module package

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 30 13:52:22 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

sorry, I was mostly away the last two days so you had to fight with
kernel-modules alone. I'll try to catch up and reply where I think it's
needed.

Anyway, I created a example package with kernel-modules for ndiswrapper
to play a bit with the discussed scheme. It

I maintain ndiswrapper (and some other kernel-module-packages) already
for livna. I just chooesed it for this example cause it's small, builds
fast and needs a userspace-program and a kernel-module.

I followed the example in the wiki and some posts on this list. I split
the package in a userland package that creates a %{name}-kmsrc.rpm that
is used by the kernel-module-package as source. Something like this
would be neat package like nvidia als ati drivers where a single srpm is
quite big if you want to rebuild only the kernel-module (yes, it seems a
lot of users of livna users do that).

Find the specs and SRPMS at
http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.fdr/kernel-module-example/

Comments?