[Fedora-packaging] disttag

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 2 06:29:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:37:33 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> Lets say I whip up some macros that define %{rhel}, %{fedora}, and
> %{rhl}, if they are relevant, with the appropriate numeric version.
>
> What would the conditionals look like?

Examples, assuming %rhel is defined only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
%fedora is defined only on Fedora Core, %rhl is defined only on Red Hat
Linux:

# Do something special for RHEL.
%if 0%{?rhel}
    # ...
%endif

# Do something for FC4 and beyond.
%if "%fedora" >= "4"
    # ...
%endif

# One-liners, here set a default switch.
%{?fedora:%define _with_xfce --with-xfce}

# Logical AND, do something for RHEL and RHL.
%if 0%{?rhel}
    %if 0%{?rhl}
        # ...
    %endif
%endif

# Logical OR, do something for either RHL or Fedora.
%if 0%{?rhl}%{?fedora}
    # ...
%endif

# Safer version, in case %rhl or %fedora expand to something non-numerical.
%if 0%{?rhl:1}%{?fedora:1}
    # ...
%endif

# Logical NOT, don't do something for RHEL
%if 0%{!?rhel}
    # ...
%endif

rpmbuild --rebuild --define "rhel 3" blubb.src.rpm