[Fedora-packaging] Conflicts

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Mar 4 20:59:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:47:43 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> > As you can imagine, it could get ugly to relocate files like this and
> > still make sure, API users still find them. gpgme03's only API/ABI user
> > left is sylpheed-claws, which might catch up with main sylpheed GPGME 1.0
> > support soon. And then old gpgme03 can go for good.
>
> The feature enhanced development version only supports the old
> library? That's funny.
>
> Frankly, I'm not sure what the point of having both in extras is;
> I would think just the main sylpheed package is enough.

Extra features like support for Clamav, SpamAssassin, spell checking via
aspell, many internal additions. I'd rather suggest renaming the few
files in sylpheed-claws package, so it can coexist with stable sylpheed.
Using Alternatives is overhead. And why should sylpheed-claws become
/usr/bin/sylpheed? That is misleading if both packages can be installed
at once.