[Fedora-packaging] X-Fedora vs. X-Fedora-Extra vs. X-Fedora-Extras

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Mar 8 03:29:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 20:31 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:19:22 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >>            desktop files

> logjam is mine, I must be right!
>
> Seriously though, I don't care. We should pick one and be done with it.
>
> If we don't want to draw any distinction, then "X-Fedora" is fine for
> everyone, and I think that should be the standard for both Core and
> Extras. Anyone opposed?

RPMforge uses X-Red-Hat-Base everywhere. Should we be worried ? :)
What's the effect of changing the category, what is it used for ?

Or are there any plans to use this in the future ? It may make a
difference. If it's a branding kind of thing, we might want to make a
macro out of it.

RPMforge uses %{desktop_vendor} already when using desktop-file-utils so
people can rebrand packages if they care.

Any opinions about both ?