[Fedora-packaging] Re: GConf schema packaging guidelines

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Mar 15 16:52:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:00:29PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 08:42 -0500, Toshio wrote:
>
> > I think the intent is to remove the old schema from gconf before
> > installing the new schema.  So I think this %pre script would work::
> >   %pre
> >   # For GConf apps
> >   if [ "$1" -gt 1]; then
>
> Missing space between "1" and "]" :)

Noticed that when I started testing :-)

> >     export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
> >     gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule \
> >       %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/%{name}.schemas >/dev/null || :
> >   fi
> >
> > Is that wrong (or my assumption that we're trying to clean up the old
> > schema?)  If it's good, then maybe the scriptlets in the spectemplates
> > (fedora-rpmdevtools) should be changed.
>
> Based on a brief look, the above would fail if the schema filename has
> changed (or if the package has been renamed: %{name} is the name of the
> new package, not old).

Good point.  So schema names would need to be hardcoded in.  (This is
related to the second point raised in anvil's email, yes?)

Testing has also revealed that the %preun will still need to have a gconf
uninstall only rule to handle the uninstall case... %pre will only handle
the upgrade case.

-Toshio