[Fedora-packaging] Update guidelines with packages from CVS

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun May 15 17:02:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 14:01 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:
> So, I think its time spot updated:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines
>
> Just to mention to packagers how cvs/svn/arch checkouts are to be
> packaged. Some software never gets released (think say, Planet), and
> it'd be a good idea that folk had the proper way to package things
>
> So 0.0.`date` (of course make sure that date is not an escaped one, I'm
> just being lazy here to write todays date) and a little note about the
> fact that it came outta cvs/etc... would be good

Is there any precedent for this in FC (or in old fedora.us, or anywhere
else)?

Basically, do I need to invent this standard from the ground up, or is
there some existing standard that just needs to be documented?

Feedback is welcomed.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!