[Fedora-packaging] packages which add user accounts: is fedora-usermgmt the way?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 21:39:26 UTC 2005

I hate to revive a dead thread, but I don't think we came to a decision
on this.

Someone recently pointed out to me the existence of useradd -r and
groupadd -r (they're Red Hat added functionality). When used, these
commands create the first available UID and GID below UID_MAX and
GID_MAX, as defined in /etc/login.defs.

This seems to be doing roughly the same thing as fedora-usermgt. Does
this seem like an acceptable way to create system user/groups in %post?

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!