[Fedora-packaging] packages which add user accounts: is fedora-usermgmt the way?

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Sep 7 19:57:14 UTC 2005

jspaleta at gmail.com said:
> Assuming there is no perfect solution here..exactly what is the drawback with
> the fedora-usermgmt approach compared to other approaches. Is complexity the
> only percieved problem?

My opinion (all mine :-) ):

1. I haven't seen a convincing argument why FE packages need to add fixed IDs

2. If it is deemed so important to have fixed IDs, why doesn't Fedora Core
   provide a mechanism to add them ?  Even if I can be convinced at some point
   that fixed IDs are really needed, I doubt the proper place for the
   mechanism is in FE.

					Christian