[Fedora-packaging] Name of x11 applet packages (common preffix?)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 14:01:20 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 12:41 +0100, Jose' Matos wrote:

> 	My question to the list is if this is appropriate or am I trying to be more
> papist than the Pope? Probably what I am trying to do unifying the package in
> a single namespace is better done in metadata...

I really don't think this is common enough to merit its own namespace,
however, final naming decisions fall on the maintainer. If you've got 20
of these that you're planning on packaging, then perhaps it makes sense
for you to name it "x11-applet-*", but I won't force you down that road.

> 	Is this senseless and we should try to abide to the upstream name?

Probably a good idea. :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!