[Fedora-packaging] packages which add user accounts: is fedora-usermgmt the way?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:16:07 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Christian.Iseli at licr.org <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:
> No doubt about that.  But up to now, IMHO requesting fedora-usermgt in
> pre/post scriptlets is a solution in search of a real problem.

Hmm... well usually when i see many people offering replacement
implementations to replace the existing tool implementation..i see
this as disagreement on exactly what the problem is... not that there
is a lack of a problem. You did offer a competing implementation in
this thread. The one thing I know for sure.. is that everyone seems to
be confused.  Perhaps its best to dial back this conversation and ask
Enrico to give a "brief" summary as to primary problem being
addressed... with one or two common example situations. And if he can
dig up an old fedora.us mailinglist thread for reference where the
original design and of the wrapper implementation was discussed that
might help everyone refresh their memories as to the original reasons
this was created.  We aren't going to get anywhere if we aren't all on
the same page.

-jef