[Fedora-packaging] gnome-screensaver packaging problem

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 22:14:09 UTC 2005

On 9/10/05, Ricardo Veguilla González <veguilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's not my intend, but until the xscreensaver requirement in the
> control-center rpm is changed, I don't see another way installing
> both at the same time.
I think you have it backwards... if they dont inherently conflict..
then you can easily have both installed at the same time.  Just have
gnome-screensaver provide "xscreensaver-base"  forget about providing
"xscreensaver" or obsoleting anything.

But instead of trying to explain this.. I'd like to just edit your
spec file and give you some binary packages that show exactly what im
talking about by rebuilding this with mock. Unfortunately the spec
file you have available right now isnt rebuilding cleanly in mock for
fc4 nor for fedora core development. The build process is failing out
in the configuration process.. can you look into that?

-jef