[Fedora-packaging] Re: Kernel Module Packaging Standard Teleconference

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Aug 16 16:46:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 12:43 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:08:37AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 20:16 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> > As I didn't have the time to follow all these discussions and threads,
> > and to have a basis for such an IRC-conference, I would appreciate if
> > Axel and Thorsten could write up a "my proposal at one glance" outline.
>
> I setup an executive summary of the comparison for you and for other
> people external to the discussion until now who would like to join in
> on Friday:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AxelThimm/kmdls/kmods_vs_kmdls_at_a_glance
>
> and the details remain under

May I suggest comparing kmdls to thl's revised kmods?  As it stands
there are bugs with the kmod standard that should be addressed so I'd
vote +1 for changing the standard.  But I'm not understanding the
problems with thl's revisions that you are seeing so I'd vote -1 for
kmdls and +1 for the revised kmods.  A comparison against the revised
kmod proposal would help to clarify that portion.

-Toshio