[Fedora-packaging] RFC: Creating meta group packages via comps

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:15:09 UTC 2006

On 8/29/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Puplet
> will let them know when there are updates, which will be processed by pup.
> How does your 'metapackage' fit into this scheme?

Puplet only does a "yum check-install" (AFAIK since this is the first
time Ive even heard of this app).   There is absolutely nothing it
does to check if new packages have been added to a group.  If a
non-optional package is added to a group that no other package depends
on, how is the user to know he needs to install this package?

In addition a user may want to have all packages for a group.  For
example I should be able to select that I want all optional games
packages and every time a new game is added to comps, it should be
installed on my system automatically.  puplet does not do this AFAIK.