[Fedora-packaging] Re: kmdl proposal and kmod flaws

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 9 07:50:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 06:06:04AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> The most important thing didn't come up in this discussion yet (or I
> overlooked it):
>
> 5. None of the depsolvers will install new kernel-modules for newly
> installed kernels by default. All need a special plugin that handles that.

which was already submitted

> That's no problem with the current kmod standard.

but this needs a plugin/patch even more to avoid nuking of kernel
modules of the running kernel or depsolvers bailing out due to file
conflicts or partial kernel module overwrites or non-wanted
coinstalltion per kernel.

See the wiki and my reply to Jack.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net