[Fedora-packaging] Re: Mail voting on kmdl adoption

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Aug 14 16:10:15 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter schrieb:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:58:03PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> I suggest to vote through email about replacing the current kernel
>>> scheme with the kmdl or similar scheme.
>
> I'd have to say that change here is warranted and Axel's proposal(s)
> make the most sense to me:
> afaict, a-g all +1

Rex, could you please describe why you think this scheme it better? I'm
fine with changing details (I'm still unsure if the uname -r in NAME is
a good thing or bad), but why throw everything over board that was
developed, discussed and agreed on by the old FESCo? Are there any
problems you're seeing with the current scheme?

CU
thl