[Fedora-packaging] get further rid of uname -r in the kmod stuff and solve the remaining kmod problem

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 23:57:17 UTC 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 16:11, Jack Neely wrote:
> > Well, normally it's a "install transaction" but when there is a
> > potential file conflict it's changed to a "upgrade transaction" afaik --
> > and that will remove the old kmod as well because both old kmods have
> > the same packagename.
>
> This is not correct.  The current implentation will install the new
> module and add an erase transaction element for the old module requiring
> the same kernel.

Wait, stop the presses.

Isn't this the "root" of the problem that Axel is complaining about, that the
kmod version of doing things will cause old modules for old kernels to get
removed?  If this isn't the case, then why are we talking about replacing the
current standard?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora