[Fedora-packaging] Kernel Module Packaging Standard Teleconference

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 06:11:26 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Warren Togami schrieb:
>> After weeks of discourse on IRC and mailing list discussions,
>
>  [...]
>
>> In order to make this meeting manageable, we must limit the number of
>> attendees.  Invited are the existing members of the Fedora Packaging
>> Committee, Thorsten Leemhuis and certain Red Hat employees relevant to
>> this discussion.  Please talk to me directly if you have been an
>> active contributor to this in the past but are not included in this
>> invitee list.
>
> There were no discussions on IRC (Axel invited me once but I couldn't
> join it -- private matters were blocking, sorry). I really would prefer
> a IRC disussion over a Teleconference -- that's IMHO the better to
> coordinate and a lot easier for those of us that don't speak english
> that often.

Hmm, good point about English, it could very well make it difficult for
us to communicate.  The idea of the teleconference was our crazy
American idea.  That's how we often do things...

The important thing is for someone neutral to drive the process,
hopefully Spot can do it.  The driver of this meeting must act as
mediator.  We must all stay away from recriminations and stick to the
technical points.  Go down all questions and concerns and discuss each
point.  If someone doesn't understand then implications must be explained.

Then matters must come down to a vote after context is understood.

Perhaps given this format, IRC may work better.  We can think about this
a bit more as we also figure out if all of the key players are available
at that time on Friday.  We'll see.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com