[Fedora-packaging] Re: Kernel Module Packaging Standard Teleconference

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 16 09:26:41 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:35:18AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Warren Togami schrieb:
> >Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>There were no discussions on IRC (Axel invited me once but I couldn't
> >>join it -- private matters were blocking, sorry). I really would
> >>prefer a IRC disussion over a Teleconference -- that's IMHO the better
> >>to coordinate and a lot easier for those of us that don't speak
> >>english that often.
> >
> >Hmm, good point about English, it could very well make it difficult for
> >us to communicate.

I wouldn't mind and the main disputants here are non-English natives
both. It would be probably the rest not understanding our
pronounciation ;)

> IRC IMHO has even one more benefit that would help in this especially in
> this case: You can paste URLs to mails in the archive or on the web.

We can fire up an IRC session in parallel to paste in things.

> Further: multiple people can write in parallel (that's a advantage and a
> disadvantage at the same time). A disadvantage of telephone conferences:
> they often consume all of your attention -- in an IRC-Meeing you can go
> afk for one minute if there is a need to and read what happened in between

That's the real disadvantage of IRC: You wait for someone's reply who
went on doing other things and while waiting you decide to do other
stuff yourself. In a typical IRC session there is a round-about in
dialogs of 5/minute while voice gets up to 15/minute.

I'm in for any form, IRC sessions have the big advantage of being
archivable and searchable.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net