[Fedora-packaging] Re: kmdls: very good support for custom kernels (was: kernel-module packaging discussing ...)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Aug 18 10:54:06 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 01:11:57PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 13:36 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

[ignoring the FUD debatte]

[ignoring the arch debatte]

> And to cut to the chase: Ever tried to support special kernel rpms
> like swsusp2 or ccrma's low-latency kernels? I did and know it works
> for kmdl and will fail with kmod.

I looked into this once and I'd like to give people a bit more
background from my point of view:

Yes, kmod fails for the swsusp2 kernel from http://mhensler.de/swsusp/.
But that's not directly a bug/problem in kmod. kmods would work if the
swsusp2 kernel would be packaged exactly in the same way as the FC
kernels are packaged. But that's not the case.

CU
thl