[Fedora-packaging] Re: Packaging/Guidelines - Usage of %{optflags}

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Aug 23 14:52:03 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:36, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I agree, but I'd make that a recommendation instead. There are a
> couple of packages known to break with some optimization flags, most
> notably such using hand-crafted asm and not tolerating any
> misalignments of structures.

Is this true for security flags like -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security/Features and the release notes for FC5
state, that all packages in Core and Extras are compiled with these features.
For this reason at least these flags should be mandatory oder the exceptions
should be mentioned in the wiki (if there are any).

Regards,
Till