[Fedora-packaging] iconcache scriptlets

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 04:41:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 15:36 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> I posted this proposal awhile back:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ScriptletSnippets/iconcache
>
> Don't remember seeing much (any?) feedback, so everyone must agree with it.
> (:
>
> I'd like to get this discussed and ratified by the committee.

I wrote something but it was much after the fact and in a totally
different thread.  Here's my comments:
'''
I'm sorry I missed the initial announcement of this.  I think your
revisions make sense after xdg-utils go into Core and the requirement
tree for gtk2 is in place (hicolor-icon-theme should work fine for
this).  Changing the guidelines before that would break things that
currently work. (Or we could place a hard Require:s on xdg-utils until
it was fixed.)

Is there an RFE open to get xdg-utils into Core and make the necessary
changes?  If the relevant maintainers think it's a good change we can
mention that the suggested scriptlet is changing in FCX.
'''[1]_
[1]_ https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2006-November/msg00011.html