[Fedora-packaging] Re: iconcache scriptlets

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Dec 5 16:06:25 UTC 2006

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 15:36 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> I posted this proposal awhile back:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ScriptletSnippets/iconcache

> I'm sorry I missed the initial announcement of this.  I think your
> revisions make sense after xdg-utils go into Core and the requirement
> tree for gtk2 is in place (hicolor-icon-theme should work fine for
> this).  Changing the guidelines before that would break things that
> currently work. (Or we could place a hard Require:s on xdg-utils until
> it was fixed.)

In any case, nothing would break.  At worst, gtk apps would suffer a
performance penalty, at least until gtk2 is fixed:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/170335
(a personal packaging pet-peave).

> Is there an RFE open to get xdg-utils into Core and make the necessary
> changes?

IMO, it's a no-brainer, but likely not relavant, due to the proposed/likely
merge of Core/Extras for FC-7 (see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit/OpeningCore)

-- Rex