[Fedora-packaging] Re: static subpackages (was: sparse 0.2, headers and static lib)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Dec 6 00:10:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 03:59:32PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 00:32 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > static subpackages have been discussed a bit in the recent past, but
> > not by the packaging group.

> Actually, I think we voted on this:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/StaticLinkage
>
> My memory is backed up by the status on:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo

Oops, sorry I must have missed that meeting and I'm spreading lies now
(I thought I had checked all available minutes when I couldn't make it
to a meeting).

But it only contains a proposal on the naming of the package, some
parts like the intradependencies of subpackages should also be part of
the guidelines. Maybe Ralf could extend this part?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net