[Fedora-packaging] Re: [Mimedefang] More on mimedefang and x86_64

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Dec 11 20:12:51 UTC 2006

Moving to fedora-packaging...

Seeking assistance from .x86_64 packaging gurudom.

Issues we're trying to solve here are:

* The package should be buildable without having all of the
   run-time requirements met (there are things that are called
   out as both BuildRequires: and Requires: that are really only
   the latter.

* When building on an x86_64 architecture, we should look
   for the libmilter stuff in /usr/lib64 and /lib64 also.  (Wasn't
   sure if this goes in the configure.in file, or should be an
   additional conditional argument passed into %configure
   instead...)

* It's not building any symbol-table exports for the debuginfo
   package, and I don't know why.

Can someone walk me through these issues?

David will post patches if we can get official blessings.

Thanks,

-Philip

P.s. Can the list admin please take .eml off the prohibited
   attachment suffix list?