[Fedora-packaging] Re: Revived License: tag proposal

Matej Cepl ceplm at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 13 15:40:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:11:11 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III scripst:
> I have revived the License: tag proposal, simplified to a basic
> standardization of the tags used for some common licenses.  I have not
> attempted to pick a list of those common licenses, although I have
> provided some data on what License: tags are in use.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/LicenseTag
>
> Again, I wish to remind folks that this is just a proposal.

Certainly I am missing in the list my preferred (and very common) MIT/X
license.

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

There is no reason to suppose that most human beings are engaged
in maximizing anything unless it be unhappiness, and even this
with incomplete success.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Introduction to ``The Firm, the Market, and the Law''